Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Poems

Poems

I love poems because they can be abstract whilst making sense (or not). We have been learning about different poems such as haiku's, couplets and limericks, and diamante. Here are my favourite ones:

Haiku about Writing

Pencil on paper
Sowing a deeper meaning 
Simply put in words

Diamante about the Sea and Night

Sea
cunning colourful
splashing pulling rolling
mighty powerful dangerous dark
stealing sleeping prying
lonely frightening
Night

Limerick/Couplet Poem

The old sea dog told a tale,
Whilst leaning on the inns rail.

Of the cold and rolling seven seas
And after that he would tease

"You can't find adventure whilst wrapped in a rug,
stroking that spoilt fat pug."

"You have to board a ship and travel far,
being guided by the north star."

"And come apon that pirates ship,
the Captin carrying a fiery whip."

And when he finished I'd ask for more,
asking "how did you make it back to shore?"

At this he would chuckle then grin at me,
and say, "As for that, wait and see."

So that's my tale of the old sea dog,
I hope you find time to read his ships log.

No comments:

Post a Comment